Saturday, April 07, 2007

This is just plain weird!

OK. I'm a weather junkie. And weird weather really gets my attention, if I can relate to it. Hence my fascination with hurricanes but not with snow - except when it snows in SouthEast Texas. And, that's what it's doing tonight. April 7, 2007. Well, not here in Houston, but up the road a bit (where my wife and kids are trying to come home from Arkansas!) it's snowing. And there's sleet in the forecast for my area. Sleet. In April. In Houston.

My friend Adam, who lives in Chicago, blogged the same thing about a couple days ago. Let me tell you what April means in Houston. It means putting away all the winter gear that you've only used since December. It means that on April 4, the TV weather people predict a high on April 7 of 68, with the disclaimer that it may be cooler than that. It means camping in 80°F (30°C) weather. It means rain, possibly thunderstorms and tornadoes (which we had last Saturday). It definitely doesn't mean freezing precipitation.

For those of you who are fans of AlGore, here's proof that he's wrong about global warming. This is an anomalous cold weather season. But the anomalies should be warmer, not colder.

Nyah! Nyah!

Oh - forgot to mention. Tuesday will be back close to 80...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home