Monday, February 13, 2006

Poop in my house

I've spent all day on the phone. The MUD was blowing out a sewer line, and it came up in my house. I got squishy carpet and poop on the walls. Long story short, I just contacted a neighbor who said she'll get it taken care of.

Long story: I called the company that maintains the lines - they paid for the cleanup and new carpet last time it happened to the tune of $8,000. They were not involved this time. The MUD (whose phone lines ring at the water company mentioned above) said that it was the contractor's fault. The contractor said it's my fault. I didn't even ask them to blow out the lines! I also know from previous experience just over a year ago, that all they had to do was open the clean-out on my sewer line and this would not have happened. But, they did not tell me it was going to happen. I even called a lawyer who told me that the money involved would not be worth getting a lawyer involved.

Anyway, my neighbor is taking care of it. Thank God for good neighbors. And, thank God for the peace He granted me while I was getting angry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home