Wednesday, March 15, 2006

With whom would YOU like to speak?

Pick someone. Anyone. Given the chance, with whom would you like to speak? Anybody out of history, past or present. Who would it be?
George Washington?
Abraham Lincoln?
Hannibal?
Martin Luther?
Abraham?
King David?
Jesus Christ?

I always wanted five minutes with Geddy Lee and a couple of bass guitars. I would like to thank him for all he taught me via Rush records. Nah, I'm not a world-famous bassist, but I did pick up a couple of tricks listening to him play. I never could master YYZ, though.

I've only spoken with one celebrity. I nervously asked for Leslie Nielsen's autograph while telling him that he was awesome in Airplane. Yeah, I know. Not much of an intro.

So, anyway, who's your tag? A celebrity? Someone in politics? How about the most powerful person in the world? What if you could actually speak with the person who made you? What if you could carry on a conversation with Him anytime you wanted? And get this - what if He actually wanted to talk with you? Does that interest you?

Lots of people look at prayer as a drudgery. It is something you must do because you're a Christian. Praying is the thing you do before meals and at bedtime. And you ask for more than you thank Him for. And you try to look sincere o your kids will believe you really like it. After all, you're just muttering words to the air, right?

But honest-to-goodness chats with the Creator can change your life. I'll tell you about a chat I had with Him one day about four years ago. Having been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, I had grown tired of taking pills every day just so I wouldn't lose my temper. I earnestly prayed that God would remove this curse from me. My daughter ran away when I walked into the room. My house had holes in the wall from throwing things. My wife was ready to leave me before things got worse. With medication, I was better. But it took 22 pills every day. So, I asked God to remove the curse.
The answer came to my heart - not a voice but a feeling. He replied that he would grant me the peace promised when people seek Him. Through prayer and study of His Word, I have found peace. Through prayer and staying in contact with Him, I am remaining on an even keel. And I stopped taking medications a couple of years ago.

With whom would I like to speak? I would like to speak with the One who can grant me perfect peace. I would like to speak with He who has removed my curse. I would like to speak with He who made me and to whom I will fly one day.

See, I already have a direct line to the most important Person ever. I can speak with God whenever I want. And He wants to hear from me.

He also wants to hear from you. He is your Father and He loves you. Just ask Him for a few minutes. Tell Him how much you love Him. Yeah, you may feel awkward at first, but eventually you will find that it becomes easier. You will speak with God and He will grant you perfect peace. He "will keep in perfect peace those whose minds are steadfast, because they trust in [God]."

Isaiah 26:3



So, why don't you speak with God right now? He's waiting to hear from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home