Thursday, April 20, 2006

The Perils and Pitfalls of being a Stay-At-Homeschool Parent

Well, my doctor said it wasn't the wasp sting that made me sick. No, it's the flu. Just good timing.

So, now I feel horrible, and I'm still responsible for my 24x7 job. My wife can't take off from work, and I know she can't, so I have to take my daughter to homeschool PE. I have to prepare lunch. I still have to do lessons. And I feel horrible. I just want to lay in bed.

When I had a job, if I had the flu, I'd stay in bed until I got better. Now that I don't have a real job, I have to work. I wish there was a better way.

Homeschooling is great. She's in first grade (technically) and reading at a 4th grade level, doing 3rd grade math. She's not exposed to the anti-Christianity you get in public schools. She's not exposed to the blatant sex and drugs that are available in elementary school.

But days like today make me wonder. True, I've still got a two-year-old to deal with, even if the older one was in school, but that would only be half the kids to care for.

Ah, well. I guess that no matter what we choose, there will be problems associated with it. Today I want to make my kids take a nap all day. That way I can, too.

1 Comments:

Blogger Me said...

Wut do you mean, "I don't do a real job"? YOu nuts? You are doing a real job!

25/4/06 15:19  

Post a Comment

<< Home