Friday, June 30, 2006

FHL - Where my Friends Are

Faith, Hope, Love Forums is my place to hang out. Why?

Well, in October 2005, I was looking for something to do on the internet. I'd heard about chat rooms, but even with over 11 years of internet experience I'd never visited one. So, I decided to search for forums with Christians. I found one called, appropriately enough, Christian Forums. I enjoyed the camaraderie that I was building there, but there were some very restrictive rules. Some of my posts were removed due to 'questionable content', and I was getting frustrated 'cuz I couldn't figure out what the objectionable content was.

I made some friends there, known only by their screen names. Among them were Squatpuke (he's a weight-lifter), Addicted2Jesus (who types his native Texan dialect quite well), Andiesmama (quiet but very interesting once she gets started) and, of course, The GutterRat (needs no introduction, but needs to post in his blog!).

One day, I got a PM (private message - come on! Get with the times!) from GutterRat inviting me to a new place with few rules and even fewer deleted posts. I decided to check it out and what I found was a group of people who truly love the Lord. But they are not the high-and-mighty people that many have come to associate with Christians. So, I signed up.

We talk about bodily functions. We talk about our spouses (even if they are also active members...) Occasionally we get out of hand. But more importantly, we are there for each other.We pray when another needs prayer. We celebrate when another has a praise report.

These are the folks that inspired me to start blogging. These are the folks that inspired me to actively pursue a theology degree. These are the folks that helped me through some hard days and kept me laughing on rainy days. There are days when you won't get anything done, 'cuz you gotta see the next reply. I check it almost daily (weekends excepted), even when out of town. This is My Healthy Internet Addiction (with apologies to Laura Ingraham).

Check us out. We are FHL Forums. We'd love to meet you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darn it, Clay! It was me and my pan that got that site fired up! LOL! I can't believe you forgot that!

3/7/06 06:01  

Post a Comment

<< Home