Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Bulemic Animals

All I can figure is dogs and cats must be bulemic. You don't bulemia? (say it out loud. :)

My dog and my cat both like to eat grass until they puke. Usually the dog keeps it outside. But the cat, however, hates our new carpet. She's not even allowed outside, but if my two-year-old leaves the door open - she's out there eating grass.

So, I have bulemic animals. I wonder what other psychiatric disorders they may suffer from.
  • How about schizophrenia? The cat barks like a dog and the dog scratches like a cat. Hmmm.
  • Obsessive-compulsive disorder? The cat gets really upset if her litterbox isn't exactly in the right place. Accidentally kick it or nudge it a couple of inches, she gets mad. The dog obsessively cleans the floor of any food particles. OK - maybe that's just a dog looking for more food, but you get the idea.


How do you treat animals with 'emotional issues'? Is there doggie-lithium or kitty-halidol? Nah. Just love 'em. They're still your kids, and you gotta love your kids. Remember - they are the meaning of unconditional love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home