Thursday, June 01, 2006

The Mystical Book

All my life, I'd heard stories about ancient books filled with wisdom, written by mystics of old. Some of them have keys to unlock ancient doors. Others contain words that, when used properly, can unleash tremendous powers. The legends of these books are probably as old as the wisdom they are rumored to contain. With an eye to easy power, I began to search for these books.

I thought, "If I'm to understand what this ancient wisdom is all about, I need to read about the times." I began to study ancient religions in an attempt to get a better feel for their roots. If I understand why people worshipped ancient gods, I may be able to understand their wisdom. Though the idea of worshipping a god of rain seemed far from wise, there had to be something there, right?

My search for wisdom in ancient books was abandoned, however, when I became frustrated at what seemed to be a futile search. I became bogged down in everyday life and decided that the wisdom of the ancients was fine for the ancients. I needed contemporary wisdom. I can only find that in contemporary studies.

I began to study the works of Neitzsche, Voltaire and Twain. I indulged in the works of [George] Carlin, [Garrison] Keillor and [Lenny] Bruce. I listened to Beethoven, Mozart, Rush and Pink Floyd. "There is wisdom in their art," I exclaimed. Still, though, I felt that modern philosophy had somehow missed the mark.

"What does it all mean?" I pondered this question day after day, seeking an answer that was apparently not availble in temporal things. My thoughts kept returning to the ancient wisdom. Socrates? Plato? Aesop? Sargon?

One day I began to read an ancient mystical book. In it, I found what it all means. I discovered the ancient wisdom I had sought for so long. And I didn't have to hunt through dusty book stores or meet in a meadow with torches to get it. It was available in my local store. In fact, I got it at no charge just for asking.

What is this book? It is the Ancient Word of God - the Holy Bible. All my life, I had sought the wisdom that was always at my fingertips. All my life I thought the Bible was merely a collection of laws and instructions. Well, I was wrong. This book is full of ancient wisdom. Had I read it and absorbed it sooner, my life would likely have been a lot different than it was.

Are you seeking wisdom? Are you seeking answers? Try the Bible. E-mail me if you would like to talk about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home