Friday, May 05, 2006

Random Ramblings

Just 'cuz it's been a while since I've posted.

Proud Papa Moments


My youngest is finally potty-trained. That alone is reason for celebration. But there was an extra bright spot last Friday when we were shopping. I had put a diaper on her for her nap, and as soon as she woke up, we went to the store. I didn't change her, just left her diaper on. She said, "I need to go potty". I said, "Just go in your diaper" since I didn't have a change with us. She wouldn't do it. She held it. I found a change in the car and we went back inside and took care of business.

My oldest is learning (among other things) about telling time. We were working on half-past yesterday. She was having trouble getting it, I'm not sure exactly what was the hold up, but we kept plugging away. Suddenly, the light came on. I could see it on her face. She was able to get the whole page of half-past questions in about a minute. I remember moments like that. I remember how it felt. I reached down and hugged her.

Why am I a Christian Moments


I'm a non-denominational Christian. I have issues with denominations. In fact, I'm asking my church to change their name to simply 'church'. As you know, if you've read much of this blog, I would like to see the Body of Christ reunited into one body - not a bunch of folks who can't agree. Then I run into someone who's so wrapped up in their own truths that they think it's gonna be only them and the angels in Heaven with God. How the heck do they figure they're so righteous? And they tend to cram it right down your throat, too. "I never touched a drop of booze. I never went to a school dance. I was never naked until I was married." So, I try to talk to them, but I'm not good enough for them to listen.

The church behind my house keeps scheduling construction in the wee hours of the morning. They don't seem to understand that people live and sleep near their facility. This morning at 5:00, I have no idea what they were doing. But I hear a loud diesel engine running then the "beep beep beep" as it backs up and goes again. Last summer they were putting in a parking lot and everything started at 3am. 3:00 in the morning. I didn't even get up that early in Boot Camp! What's up with that?

Then I remember, "Jesus died for them, too." They may be in Heaven with me, and I have no right to be hard on them. I would sincerely like to dialogue with them, but if it won't happen, I won't lose any sleep over it. I'll just keep praying for them.

FINALLY!!! Moments


In February, I posted about the sewage coming up in my house. Well, in early March, we moved all the furniture from the area of the house that's getting new carpet. We painted and waited for the carpet to move everything back. The only things that remained was the living room furniture and our master bedroom bed and dressers. Everything else went to our spare bedroom and dining room. So, we haven't had access to our spare bed or dining table since the second week in March.
Well, last Friday (April 28) the carpet was finally installed. FINALLY! This week we started moving everything back. It's a slow process, especially since the wife has to be present to supervise the move and make sure everything gets exactly right. She does listen to my suggestions, she's not bull-headed, but I better not do anything when she's not here.
By the end of this weekend, we should have everything put back where it goes.

In March, I posted about my upper GI. Last Wednesday (April 26), I had an esophagogastroduodenoscopy. I asked the nurse how to pronounce it - she said, "EGD". I laughed. Well, they found a hiatal hernia. This isn't like a hernia from lifting something wrong, this is where the stomach actually pokes up into the esophagus. There is a sphincter there that is supposed to keep acid in the stomach. If the stomach comes through that sphincter, acid comes up into the esophagus. What causes it? I can't find that information. So the doctor wants me on medicine that my insurance won't cover. I would appreciate prayers that this will heal - soon. It hurts.

HMMMmmmm moments


I read the news and I can't believe some of the stuff I read.
A Kennedy crashes his car into a security barrier by the Capitol building. Though he appears intoxicated, "Someone over the rank of patrolman said to take him home."

Associated Press, 05/04/06

Yeah, right. If I tried that, I'd be taken to jail with a broomstick as my best friend. He's a Kennedy, though, and he can get away with murder. Happens all the time with them.
Moussaui gets life in solitary confinement. 23 hours a day without human contact. I can see the human rights freaks swarming all over this one saying, "It's cruel and unusual punishment!" Well, I think the punishment fits the crime. He tried to attack the United States. As far as I'm concerned, he's an enemy combatant and shouldn't even be in the civilian prison population. Put him in the same cell as Terry Nichols. Let them live it up together.


OK - I'm starting to get a little hot under the collar. Gotta stop this one before I get out of hand. Just remember - there is no justice in this world. Adam turned it all over to Satan in the Garden when he chose to disobey God. Maranatha! May Christ Return Soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home